View Single Post
      09-10-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
jpy1980
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3 -Smurfy Blue Vinyl

Conundrum: Safari-ish Style Build vs Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro?

So, not sure if you guys know, but I wrapped my Mineral White F80 to a smurfy blue a couple of months ago and have been enjoying my "newish" car since then:

BUT recently having a second child and staying home due to the pandemic, I found that having a sports car is somewhat lacking. I love driving fast, going to the canyons/track and driving my awesome CAE shifter like it was meant to be, but all of those are solitary, albeit selfish, activities. My wife won't let me out as much to go canyon driving or to the track and I feel guilty when sneaking away by myself for a romp, so I started looking at more family oriented activities. My wife does have an Audi Q7 and although its a nice place to be, its so boring. SO, at this point, I am considering selling my F80 and getting into a manual Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro or possibly lifting my Bilstein Damptonic B16 shocks to its highest setting and getting whatever smallish 18 inch wheels that fit with some aggressive All season/terrain tires so I can take the F80 into the dirt camping areas. I don't really want a 3rd car as my wife thinks that is excessive so its really either mod my current F80 or replace it. I guess the good thing about doing a safarish build of my F80 is that I can always lower it back and take it to the track should I want. Do you guys think this is even possible? or If I sell my F80 and get the Taco, will I SOOOOO regret it? I've never owned a truck before but the Taco looks so cool. Also, we wouldnt need to drive my wife's soul sucking Q7. haha jk

Am I nuts or just bored during the pandemic?

Maybe I just have the itch to do something new to my car...ugh..help.
Appreciate 0