ptper
Major
Rep
Drives: '18 Avus Blue F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by proTUNING Freaks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptper View Post
I think I found the answer...so, if i want to flash back to complete stock, i would have to pull the dme and put the lock back on?
We don't have the option in the app today but you could technically put the lock back on through the app with bootmod3. This would work the same as any dealer tool or Autologic or ISTA. That's not an issue other than you'd be unable to unlock again over OBD if you wanted to

The only reason to pull the DME again is to reset it back to "identical" pre-flash days setting the flash counters back to what they were before you unlocked and got tuned.

Think of it like restoring your hard drive from the last backup that was made at some point in the past. Its one thing to clean up the drive manually to have the same files as before with the same content (it works but there's behind the scenes data on the drive with traces of what was done on it), while its another to actually wipe it entirely and restore its data from a full snapshot you made of it some time in the past (which is what you'd do with a bench flash based restore to original).
Thanks, that confirms my understanding ?I guess my next question would be, whether you plan to ever have this feature in future releases? ?
Appreciate 0