02-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #293
jbockrd
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92 Alpine White/Carbon M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by karbonphiber View Post
the car sounds like a shit taking a shit. I honestly think BMW did this on purpose, as well as leave out the CF splitter, rear diffuser, LED tails, etc... to sell separately as M performance parts. F'ing bastards.
IMO M doesn't sell cars for you to add M performance parts on them. To me that wouldn't make sense. It is for non M cars to give them some custom upgrades to be like an M car. I would think if you wanted to mod your car, you would go outside M to do it. The carbon fiber stuff is cosmetic and is up to your taste. Some people don't want to see it everywhere and just use it tastefully in certain places. I don't really see this as a conspiracy. The Pebble Beach car was more of an unveiled concept. Concept cars from other brands usually look like space ships, compared to the production cars.

For the sound, the reps at Detroit and Philly said they sound awesome in person and not like the sound bites we get. I would reserve worrying about that until you hear it in person or drop 3k on a custom exhaust