View Single Post
      03-13-2015, 08:37 PM   #82
MaynardZed
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: wife crazy

Garage List
It was a very difficult skill for me to master, but I refused to give up and finally, this year, I've gotten very proficient with it on my E36 anyway. I'm a very large guy with old football injuries in the ankle and poor flexibility. The key for me was getting custom pedals so that I wouldn't have move my foot very far for the throttle blip. Also helps to have good pair of racing shoes obviously.

http://www.ultimatepedals.com/

I ordered the full left side extension throttle, but ended up have to customize it further. Literally sat in my car with a marker on the end of a stick and outlined where my foot laid.

It is a glorious feeling to get a rev match spot on and being able to match the blip to how aggressively you're braking.

The pedals are still too far apart for me on the M4, so I use Sport for that car on the track for now. I actually think there wouldn't be that much difference in lap times for Sport and Sport+, both give full power and you have to modulate throttle with either one on corner exit. Traction is the limiting factor for either one.
WHP East Track: 1:04.880, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:54.352
Road course laptimes for Porsche 911 991.1 GTS 7MT
WHP East Track: 1:02.770, Arizona Motorsports Park: 1:48.889

Last edited by MaynardZed; 03-13-2015 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0