View Single Post
      06-01-2017, 01:54 PM   #82
ZCPM4
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
I'm kind of surprised your hotel doesn't offer secure underground parking. ? Or maybe ask at another hotel to use their underground parking?

On Google Maps - Parkhaus Urania is rated very well... "four out of five stars...

written originally in German...

There are also a few other "Parkhaus" near by... but not directly in the old part of the city...

Parking Zürich AG - Widdergasse 1, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
City Parkhaus - Gessnerallee 11, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
Parkgarage am Central - Seilergraben, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland
[P] Garage AMAG Services AG - Beethovenstrasse 35, 8002 Zürich, Switzerland
Bellevue Garage Zürich GmbH -Stadelhoferstrasse 42, 8001 Zürich, Switzerland

Here are some other parkhaus garages in Zurich.
https://www.google.de/maps/place/Par....5376671?hl=en

40CHF or about 40 euros to park for the day seems about right for any major city in Switzerland. I swear EVERYTHING costs way too much in CH! 5 euros for a 500ml bottle of Coke. 22CHF for a doner kabob. Man don't get me started. But I think everyone should experience Switzerland. Its just I recommend to stay over night in another country IF you can help it.

When I parked in Geneva... it cost around 48 CFH per day. That parkhaus was close to the main train station(Hauptbahnhof) and it was quite a less desirable area... hookers and pimps everywhere. Anyways... the parkhaus there had this gate and wire fence that would come down after you drove into the garage... I only parked there a few hours... then moved my car to the airport and took an S-bahn back to my downtown hotel for the Geneva auto show.

It does look like Zurich is a much nicer city... at least the Altstadt(old town) part. I would recommend to park away from the bahnhof(train station) though.

good luck,
Dackel

PS: don't forget to buy a Swiss Vignette for the Swiss Autobahns. It costs 38 euros for a one year sticker(that's the only way they sell it!). Place it on the top of your car's windshield. Buy the sticker BEFORE you enter CH at any German or Austrian gas station or Autobahn rastplatz.
Thanks so much! The lack of parking appears to be a result of the area we're staying in Old Town, but everything else is booked or crazy expensive, so hoping the car will be ok parked a few blocks away in a garage. Definitely know what you mean by high prices in CH, just based on shopping for hotels, haha.
Appreciate 1
Dackelone10527.50