Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '20 F80 M3CS, %E2%80%9818 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD ///M4 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thescout13 View Post
Hahahaha. So happy I didn't go through with the SMB individual 19 M4. Don't think I will get the M4 now though. Moving back to Cali later this year (San Diego - your neck of the woods and finally back to AutoX with BMWCCA which is by far the best) and thinking of the X3M
Good to hear!

Not sure if you're aware, but our autocrosses at Qualcomm Stadium (now SDCCU Stadium) were supposed to end in December 2018. Due to the props that were on the ballot last November, SDSU is taking over the site but there's a lot of planning to do before the old stadium is razed and a new stadium is built. As a result, the San Diego autox community has been given a 2 year extension on use of the parking lots, although the surface has continued to degrade with huge potholes and lots of asphalt chunks. I've been to more than one autocross in the last couple of years where the course had to be altered because the asphalt degraded while we're running on it.

SCCA did a closed test autocross at Cal State San Marcos in one of their parking lots and reps from all of the other clubs, including SD BMW CCA, participated. While the surface is excellent, the lot is considerably smaller than the West Lot at the Stadium, resulting in times around 35-45 seconds, way less than the 100+ second ETs that we've had in the West Lot. Additionally, CSSM only wants to deal with one entity, and that appears to be SCCA. That may mean that they will run all autocrosses or that if clubs can run their own autocross, we will have to go through SCCA to obtain dates. Not sure if SCCA wants to do that. This was all from a few months ago before the extension and I don't know the current status.

This is way off-topic now. Maybe the mods can move these two posts to the autocross forum or the SoCal forum.
Thanks for the update! That's good to know. My wife and I first event with you guys was in her old 228i at Qualcomm and we had to change the course because we opened a pothole. That is where you and I first met right before ED for our Yas F80.
Wife's Prior Car: 2018 F80 M3, Yas Marina Blue, DCT, Black 19s, Carbon Structure Anthracite Cloth/Leather Combination, Driving Assistance Package (Euro Delivery Oct. 9, 2017)
Appreciate 0