View Single Post
      01-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #59
Needsdecaf
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2024 G80 Comp xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkalley View Post
Take a look at what happened to Land Rover and the residual on the Range Rover Sports (which happened overnight for Land Rover). People want exclusivity and most are always reaching for cars. In my opinion, there are less enthusiasts than there are people looking to show off at the country club. I am simply looking at it as, what will turn heads and be more desirable to a larger set of people in 24 months??? -- a loaded used M3 or a Maserati Ghibli. In my opinion the Ghibli (used and lets say at $55k) has the potential to be another Range Rover Sport because of this larger appeal to people looking to stand out. Here is the Range Rover Sport press release two years after the launch. http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...-58951452.html

If I told you in 2006 the highest residual for a luxury car in 24 months would be a Range Rover you would have laughed even harder... The general population want exclusivity and flash. I think this will drive the residual of the Ghibli w a CPO program more than the tested and engineered performance M3. Maserati's issue now is one of awareness. With the Ghibli now, SUV next year and the 911 fighter the following year PLUS Fiat investing heavily in the brand which is clear with the appointment of Saad Chehab to the brand http://www.freep.com/article/2013111...ysler-Maserati
I think awareness will no longer be the issue.

I work in the auto industry and my clients are BMW, Audi, Tesla, Mercedes, Ferrari, Maserati, Mercedes, Aston and Bentley so I am speaking based on my personal knowledge of the industry and the players.
I have friends in the industry, many friends. I go by what these cars go for at auction, not the lease residual values. To me, that's the real bottom line.

Masers go for rock bottom prices as auction.
Appreciate 0