Uli_HH
Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: AW M3 E90)/ 523i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
We are definitely on the same page Uli.

I am nevertheless curious to hear what kueks has to say if even bothers to do as I suggested. In my book, if you are going to post up alleged inside information on a forum you should at least take the time to properly vet it.

Bear in mind, I am not saying they couldn't build a 3.3L I6, but as you point out it does not present itself as a good solution to power a 450hp performance car. I am not an engine builder (though I have helped build an engine or two in my time - I6s at that) so perhaps my viewpoint is skewed, but it isn't readily apparent to me why you would go through the pain of increasing the displacement of an engine by just 10% only to be left with the bore profile a Caterpillar diesel. It seems like a lot of time and money spent on the wrong part of the problem. Why not a more advanced turbocharging and induction system instead? Then you are reaping the benefits without ending up with some crazy thin cylinder wall or insane rod ratio or both.
Someone told me that they maybe use the turbosystem from the N57-S and make the car an real "TriTurbo" and also ad ePower, if this System is avalilable in time ... could be an option !?

Last edited by Uli_HH; 03-14-2012 at 09:45 AM..
Appreciate 0