View Single Post
      12-10-2022, 12:44 PM   #61
pilotedecourse
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2018 Porsche 911 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrptstyly View Post
Correct. I picked up the same kit cheap on eBay new in box. I like the design of their backing plate.

Easy enough to route the plumbing under the car if necessary for fresher air. I’ve been told the fitment is great. Could be a problem for ppl running big wheel/tire combos.

I may do some simple testing with thermocouples, to measure the delta for/aft of the coolers at each corner.
Yep the intakes screw into the plastic behind the radiator (but do not cover the radiator airflow entirely). The backing plate replaces the stock dust shield and is a direct fit. I was impressed with h

I ran these on track with the stock iron brakes, rbf 600, girodisc ti shims, PFC 08 pads and 200TW tires in a 20 minute session with ambient temps in the high 50s/low60s. When I got out of the car and used a digital thermometer the calipers read 340F front and 325F rear. I unfortunately don’t have stock numbers in similar conditions (I’m an intermediate HPDE driver on the faster side of my run group) but would love if someone could post numbers with stock or other brake cooling setups for comparison. I feel like the setup is doing *something*. I have a hard time believing that no positive air pressure is making it to the center of the hat at track speeds so it’s a value add in my book given that I dont track enough to justify a full bbk setup. I will add girodiscs when my stock rotors are done and that will further enhance airflow. Importantly I did not notice any change in operating temps which was my biggest concern with this kit.
Appreciate 0