06-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #37
NISFAN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Mostly not true. So much can be reused beginging from basic 3D design of major and minor components and including testing results as well. Sure, balancing will add some extra balance shafts but again, mostly incorrect.
As mentioned above, a 90degree is a compromised design, OK for downsizing (cheapening) a Pan, not OK for a flagship icon.

So if we are talking 60degree V6, then all I said is true, would cost a magnitude more than adopting the I6.

Quote:
Well, and their adaptation of the S85 to the S65 as I mentioned earlier...
Sorry, but s85 to s65 is worlds apart as a comparison to s63 to v6.

Quote:
Last but not least we don't have to worry about the car achieving 50-50 weight balance as closer to 40-60 is much more ideal from a true physics/engineering perspective. Of course BMW won't achieve anything like this and will continue their marketing drivel about 50-50.
Interesting, please tell us more on this.

Quote:
As I've said time and time again, I'd place money that no one here on this forum can positively identify I6 vs. V6 based on that difference alone. Split pin V6's fire every 120° as do I6's making identification based on exhaust acoustics alone very difficult (perhaps nearly impossible).
Depends on many factors, so would agree with this.
Appreciate 0