06-20-2017, 07:29 PM   #14
Xtabi
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdefalco25 View Post
So I got my car back and thought I'd share about my experience. My Master Tech had made a call out to his engineer who put out a search to see if anybody else was dealing with my issue. As stated, it was identified that there was only one other car in the nation that was being serviced for the same exact thing. They took my car in on Wednesday the 14th and the car was just completed today. The valvetronic motor was having an electrical issue that was causing it to continue clicking as described in the video. Here are some pics of the process/part that was replaced for your view pleasure:

They are going to reach out to me after six weeks to see if there has been any issues.

Cost to repair had this not been under warranty: $2000

Moral of the story, if you have this happen, take a video so you can show them since it is so random on when it occurs and likely won't be duplicated.
Thank you for sharing this it is great info. I have heard intermittent clicking. However I can't confirm if it's the same sound as yours because I don't see the video you posted. Is anyone else not seeing it? All I see is one picture on the op.