Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 E92 M3, ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by basscadet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapper_M3 View Post
I don't think anyone is disputing that; his point seemed to be that the F8X M3/4 will definitely be sub-4 seconds from 0-60, given that reviewers have timed the E9X M3 at sub-4 seconds
4 seconds flat is what a Corvette Stingray runs 0-60. No chance, no way that a M3 is going to be as fast as that car. I don't give a hoot what some car magazine got with a previous generation M3.

Let me get this straight: You're having difficulty understanding how a 3450 lb RWD car with 460 hp and 285 section rear tires could be matched by a 3300 lb RWD car with 430 hp and 275 section rear tires?

The new corvette has a slight power advantage, but from 0-60 the M4's weight (depending on whether they deliver on the still reported "sub-3307 lb" figure) makes up for this to an extent (although over 1/4 mile, it will not).

More importantly, these cars each put enough torque to the ground to be traction limited here--making that 30 hp bump even less relevant from a dig.

I don't believe the new M4 will be faster from 0-60 than the new corvette (although when comparing the M4 DCT to rhe corvette's MT, it may be interesting), but it certainly isn't "unbelievable" to think the numbers will be close.

In fact, based on the specs we know, it would be fairly unbelievable if the new M4 ISN'T close to the corvette in 0-60 acceleration--and remember, the new 'vette is posting better than 4.0 seconds with some reviewers.
Appreciate 0