RMB
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi TTRS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyPowers View Post
Point being what exaxtly does this model offer that a cayman s doesn't? Is it worth it? IMO no

I've also driven a cayman s and a new 991s and I would never buy the cayman after driving the 991s. It's that much better IMO and I like the looks a lot more

To each their own
I agree with you 100% Kenny. I drove a 991 S cabriolet and it was awesome. However, that is in the 115k-120k range easily and that is quite a jump from the Cayman and Boxster. I like the Cayman and Boxster, but I always have felt that Porsche was not doing the most with this platform. For 80 to 90 k for a Cayman s or gts, I don't want to drive something that I feel is a compromise in the power department.

So many variables factor into a sports car other than an engine alone, but the Cayman and Boxster engine just seems lacking (especially in base form). I also don't like the idea that I have to rev the hell out of anything to just be able to get it to go. I feel that a sports car should go from the point you put your foot down and doesn't let up. I also feel that the V8 in the R8 was lacking when I drove it on the track, the V10 was a completely different story (passenger only in the V10).

These are just my opinions and are not intended to insult anyone, but I think the Cayman GTS should have been pushing closer to the 390 hp mark rather than just 340 hp (10 hp bump over the S).
Appreciate 0