View Single Post
      10-21-2015, 09:07 AM   #1
Myfirstbmwinsertcodehere
Rep
Drives: BMW

Loaded 435i vs used 2015 M3

Good evening everyone, this is my first post on these forums, as after all of my research I have deemed them one of the best places to look for knowledge on BMW’s.

My post will be about my next car, a BMW. Which model should I choose though – that, I will be relying on you experts to guide me!
Quick intro: in 2005-6, my father purchased from the only official BMW Dealer here in Puerto Rico called Autogermana, an E46 33ci ZHP package. It was red, it was manual, and had plenty of ///M parts (except the engine of course). Cost brand new was around 60,000 (taxes are almost 40% MSRP here in PR).

I learned to drive stick shift with this car and after almost 10 years, my dad offered to sell it to me, for 10 grand. I was going to pull the trigger but then got around to thinking that I was still in my bachelor’s being busy with a lot of studies and “unpaid” internships and could therefore not maintain it very well if it were to acquire any problems, which would seem common for a 10-year old car. Also, the cost of parts, as you know, is not cheap.
Fast forwarding to the present, my dad picked up a brand new 435i with a ton of upgrades, total cost of 82 grand. Keep in mind, this car drives itself on the highway with the Adaptive Cruise Control, has sensors in the back and front, and a lot of other things that can be appreciated.
He has then changed the grills to black and pedals to aluminum, also the BMW stickers with carbon fiber ones. Other than that though, the car is pretty much Stock.

I will soon be able to have a good job thanks to business school (hopefully, not guaranteed) and will have to decide which car to get soon.
The question is this, buy my father’s loaded Mineral Grey with Coral Red interiors 435i for about $15,000-20,000 and then add Dinan power package ($600 CAI, $1,800 Free flow Exhaust and $2,249 for the Stage 2 Tuner (+84 Horsepower) and later on some CF mirror caps, CF diffuser (will it fit with the Dinan exhaust?) and ///M Sideskirts?

OR

Wait 3-4 years, stick with Honda Civic and then buy a used Sakhir Orange F80 (2015 M3)?

Should cost about 40k or so, BMW’s depreciate quicker than most cars here due to high prices. The M3 is obviously in another league and should not require many aftermarket parts, if any really. Oh, and it also has 4 doors for the possible family if anything should occur. This car looks so good in that color, it brings tears to my eyes…

Quick question, is the real 0-60 for the 435i 5.0? It feels pretty fast and on some sites it says 4.5? Thanks!

I also looked at the new M2, and found it strange that the 235i on the BMW site says 4.6, yet it says M2 4.4 (not much of an improvement…right? just found it curious, and also the mirrors not being M styled).

Appreciate 0