Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 AW/SO

Garage List
2013 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by redux View Post
If your car is a manual and the ECU logged a money shift, then you're up the creek without a paddle. Park it and get a cheap Honda from the lemon lot until you can find an S55 on ebay.

Playing the veteran card for blowing your engine is not going to net you extra sympathy or good will.
I disagree. Frankly, "The Veteran Card" is likely the most powerful play in his book at this point. Especially if you're a combat veteran and have suffered an injury in battle. It only takes ONE PERSON that does sympathize with your situation to spread the word and ignite a viral shitstorm for BMW NA making them look like they take advantage of and discriminate against Veterans. Of course it isn't true as we all know they don't give a shit about any of our complaints regardless of military service. The truth is irrelevant when it comes to public opinion; historically, large corporations will go to great lengths to mitigate damaging media coverage or other negative publicity.

Even if you aren't the type to use the V-card and your pride makes it tough to swallow, you should utilize any means available to you to make this situation right. If I were in your situation, I'd forget about my pride and ignore the critics so I could drive my M again. $40,000 out of pocket for an engine is an immense expense.

HOWEVER
If you indeed DID NOT over-rev the engine as you say, I encourage you to seek any remedy you can. If you did money shift and want to pass the blame off on BMWNA, you need to accept responsibility and pay for a new engine or face reality and buy a different car. Don't disrespect BMW or your fellow forum members with lies or a need for attention. Be honest and act like an adult.
2008 335xi Coupe / JB/CR - Sold

Last edited by SMV_M4; 11-20-2015 at 02:30 PM..
Appreciate 0