Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elinstylez View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railgun View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humdizzle View Post
if you're that concerned with weight and tight track driving why would you get an awd model? you live in cali...

The 240ix with its awd and B58 does make a good drag race machine with a bit of tuning though.

There is a big difference between any regular bmw and a M model in my opinion. more than just the numbers would suggest.
What does living in CA have anything to do with it?
Weather's generally better so there's not really a benefit for the awd. It's just unnecessary weight.
That's what I thought someone would say.

AWD and weather are mutually exclusive.
Although I would bet there are a lot more AWD cars in NY than in Florida. For the most part people are buying AWD for better winter traction. In nicer weather, AWD just adds weight and mostly in the wrong places. Now if we are talking high performance cars, then I agree, AWD has advantages in getting the power down which outweighs the cons.

I had a 335xi 6MT (after having a 335 RWD 6MT) and the switch to AWD for that car was for convenience during the winter. I now have an F80 that I drive year round and while the Nokians are impressive, M3 is nowhere near as good as the 335xi was in the winter.
Appreciate 0