01-26-2021, 12:42 PM   #1
vlcsnrs
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 (F80)

Garage List
2018 BMW M3  [0.00]
Best Exhaust Setup for the F80

So I finally pulled the trigger and bolted on a full turbo-back setup (downpipes/midpipes/axle-back) on my F80– I will list them below from the back going to the engine:
1) REMARK Exhaust Axle-back
2) Active Autowerke Single Midpipe
3) Evolution Racewerks Catless Downpipe
Also, I simply flashed the car with BM3 Stage 2 91 Gas (AGG).

I made a post on my YouTube on the install and some sound clips as well. I'm not a professional so my editing skills are just average. Nonetheless, I tried to capture what I can during the takes. See link below:

Overall, I'm extremely happy with the results. If you hear the car in person, you won't even know that its an F80– the sound is completely different. It definitely eliminates the "weed-whacker" sound that our cars originally make. My setup has a deeper tone and growl.

• When the valves are CLOSED, the sound is tamed— its slightly louder than stock on cruise and not too obnoxious.
• When the valves are OPEN its extremely loud. Volume is definitely over the 120dB (I'm assuming because I've had a previous build setup at 108dB), but I will happily drive it with open valves on the freeway.

The overall sound leans more towards a combination of Exotic and Muscle which makes it unique and personally, one of the best setups for our S55 engines. I'm generally happy that it doesn't sound like a weed-whacker anymore.

If you guys like to hear more, follow me on Instagram @vlcsnrs (www.instagram.com/vlcsnrs).
Attached Images

Appreciate 0