Abdul
Captain
Rep
Drives: E39 M5/E92 M3/E60 M5/F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonton1017 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjacobs View Post
I tried jumping the gun on this as well. The links are mysteriously not working. One link says, cannot ship to USA. I'm on the fence about selling my F80 M3 and pick up a M4. Don't need the 4 doors anymore. I have a lot experience from my e46 days dealing with vendors from China. The rule of thumb is, do not buy anything till a reputable local vendor starts selling them. Show pictures of the parts in their own facility. Take responsibility if there any damages. These lights are going to come out. We have waited this long. Let's wait a little longer.
I'm already seeing ads on IG and vendors in UK and Australia are already reselling them at around $1100.

Some things are worth jumping on early, and IMO, these are one of them.

The aliexpress seller (JIA YI?) seems to be working with or are the same as the people who are actually manufacturing them. He says after this first batch, it's going to be a LONG time before they make any more.

Could be a sale tactic and it worked on me. Could I possibly save like $200 in half a year? Maybe. I'd pay $200 to get these in 2 weeks instead of possibly 1 year.
I've waited way too long for this to miss out on a possibly one time batch.

And about the links no longer working, that's really weird. I changed my location from Canada and US and I got the error message as well. I wonder why.
This one still works though: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002633727331.html
So this link does look like the guy is selling it. I went back and forth with him and he said he has 100 sets. Only downside is the 40 day sea shipping wait time.

I'm not vouching for him. But everyone can do their own research and buy. I'm going to wait it out at the moment.
Appreciate 0