View Single Post
      12-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #296
Jockey
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 992 C4S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
you guys are trying your best i know. the fact is this.

I am a M3 owner, your not. maybe this new engine to you sounds good because of what you drive now.
but to a current M3 owner, and performance car owner in general. usually when it comes time to get another car for what ever reason. you want the next car to performance, look better, and have something under its hood that in your opinion you see as a upgrade. of course within reason and within financial ability.

with that said. i feel the M4 looks great, performance of course is going to be great, but do i view a 3.0L I6 TT is something i see as a upgrade ? i wouldn't call a S65 a "better" engine, but i don't find the new I6 to be appealing.

the fact that people are EVEN comparing the M4 to the 335i in sound the department sums it all up for me. ok its not going to be exactly the same. i do not want. "not dramatically different" than a a lower model in the sound department. it makes the car less appealing.
Really? We're going with this argument again? You own an M3 and we don't so there?

No one arguing that the S55 is going to sound like the S65. I like the sound of the S65. But I also like the sound of my N54.

But that's not the argument as those are completely subjective. You keep saying the F8X is going to sound just like a 335i. Your own source you posted doesn't even say that yet you are using that as point in your argument.

You don't feel like the F8X is an improvement over the E9X because of the engine. We got that for the thousandth time. But if still think that this car isn't an improvement over the outgoing model in almost every respect, I don't know what to say except don't buy it.

PS: I was turning wrenches on ///M cars before you probably had a driver's license
Appreciate 0