Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss330 View Post
To sum up:

You own a M3
You have a wealthy Family
You are a big fan of cars
You dream of going to the Nurburgring
You are young and want people to stop with the "age thing"

Perhaps you should stop with the "I own a M3 and have a wealthy family" thing as well then??? Unless you feel it's those attributes that has put you in a position to be the judge on how we should think and feel about cars?

A friendly advice would be to pay more attention to other people's meanings and feelings. Grow up an realize that not everyone agrees with you, or that what you mean isn't necessarily a universal truth...

BTW. I have driven cars as diverse as a Koenigsegg CCR, every gen M3, a number of E30 M3's with S50B30, S50B32 and S54 engine conversions, Aston Martins, Ferraris ( two weeks ago I was in a garage with amongst others a 288 GTO, F40, F50, Enzo and a DB5). This year I have driven, amongst other cars, a SLS AMG, several hot rods, and a F10 M5 with 700+hp on the Autobahn, been twice to the Nurburgring and twice in Monaco (Top Marques Monaco Supercar show and later the Formula 1 race). I've been to the Koenigsegg factory in Sweden and to Cosworth in the UK (where they built F1 engines at the time).

And I still am thrilled about a I6 M3/M4 engine... How can that be possible??? Because to me a BMW straight six is THE engine configuration for the M3, and the F8x seems to be a very capable car Those are some reasons I am thrilled about it

I'm even looking forward to next years 1,6l V6 turbo Formula 1 engines
i really don't try to talk about what i have or where i come from. i only said that so you realize i am not some random person behind a computer who thinks he knows everything. trying to make a point i have been around some stuff. again i am not trying to start anything with that. truthfully i don't want people to know.

but ya i understand what you said. the problem with me is that i have been around exotic cars (like you) and i walked away with a different feeling. i love the high revving engines and sound of them. cant get enough. there for the E92 m3 was something liked. quote frankly i only came to BMW for these engines. you are more of a BMW or M guy than me. soi understand the love for a I6 engine you had. although i will say this. i like the E46 M3, it still had a high revving n/a engine. unlike the F80. IMO the E46 has more in common with the E92 than the F80. both high revving, individual throttle body, hell the S65 is only .8L bigger of a engine.

the only thing the F80 and E46 have in common is that they are both I6.
Appreciate 0