435iaffair
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 435i, Z4M, M157 E63

Garage List
2014 435i  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sedan_Clan View Post
I think you paint with too broad a brush and make too many assumptions. Many of us 335i/328i/320i owners have owned M3's before (..in my case, I've owned 5; two E46 M3's and three E9X M3's). I'm impartial really. I don't really care whether a car is N/A or F/I. All I care about is a responsive, 'fun to drive' demeanor, and I'm not invested in the pro-N/A or pro-turbo arguments. I have never touched the motor on any BMW I've owned (..I grew out of that in the B-Series motor swapping Honda days), but I always work the suspension over.

Is your 2013 your first ///M car? You seem to romanticize things a bit.
You're like the voice of reason on this forum lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddy335 View Post
Completely agree with you. Same boat here, owned M3's, not invested in FI vs NA, owned many types of both, enjoyed most of them.

What astounds me most is how many people on this forum have written off the new M3's engine without even driving it or seeing any impartial reviews, and in spite of great data and some fantastic new parts. Amazingly 'head buried in sand' approach.

Or as sedan_clan also said: a bit of romanticization
+8000

My first 8 "performance cars" were all turbocharged, but I've since switched to n/a as I enjoy the throttle response and more linear power delivery. The 435 is the first FI car I've had in quite some time and I love it. Can't wait to try the S55 as I'm sure it's better than the N55 in every way. The broad powerband on the S55 should be quite beneficial when translated into real world performance figures.

I love the E9xM but IMHO the s65 just didn't have enough torque for being a v8 and the overall driving experience wasn't visceral enough for me to justify trading in the Z4M for. If I didn't love the Z4M so much I'd be in a 6mt E92 M3 for the past few years. That said I drive my friend's 6mt and dct e92 Ms every chance I get (about once every few weeks), and I smile like a little kid in a candy store every time I drive them. These cars are all awesome.
Appreciate 0