Drives: BMW 3

Garage List
1996 320iT  [0.00]
2003 M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bracer View Post
So this is 45K in parts and probably 10K more in labor, so not insignificant. Figure 100K investment. With the splitter it's definitely not very streetable. How easy is it to remove?

Seems like 80% the way to a racecar without the stripped interior and full safety cage / fire/etc?

This would be a lot more interesting with close to full steering, and a splitter that was built as two pieces so the extension could be removed and or replaced.

Also not completely familiar with VIR. I see lap times from events but what does a similar caliber driver in a 991 GT3 on DH slicks run there as a comparison?
I don't personally choose to drive something like this on the street at all, probably more due to the steering lock limits. But a lot of our customers need to drive to and from the track. I have already done quite a bit of driving on public roads at the Sandhills event in 2021, and we are doing One Lap this year with the car, so ask me after May with 3500 street miles logged.

But the point of this car is to push the limits and show what is possible with a stock production car. Bit if you don't want to deal with aero on a street car, leave it off (I don't like a wing hanging off the trunk for something I drive regularly). And if you want standard steering lock, stick with slightly narrower wheels/tires. We break the car up into segments and realize that the GTM top spec isn't the right choice for everyone - and we have lots of other options. And few will do the whole build the way we have. Pick and choose how you want to build yours.

If you want to pay more for a Porsche and more to run one, there is no doubt they are fast cars. But a lot of our customers are BMW focused and want to do it in a BMW, and maybe the BMW they already own. A GTM F82 isn't the only way to go fast - but with the range of options to build something similar they can be extremely fast if that's what you choose to build or drive.
Appreciate 2
SYT_Shadow11500.00
RugbyBro7604.50