10-02-2013, 09:25 AM   #154
Boss330
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romo View Post
I really do like your comments and the way you back it up with scientific evidence.

But I do disagree, with all due respect, about your 1M opinion.

Yes the 1M is parts bin, yes it is a tweaked N54, but tweaked by ///M, yes it has an E92 chassis/brakes/wheels, yes they did it for cost effective reasons only, but hell yes what a car has been produced. That is not only my opinion, but the whole automotive industry and all world wide carmagazines/journalists.

It is totally irrelevant if this car is a real ///M car or not, (but 99% of all people who had the chance to drive/own one, say it is utterly ///M) this car is by far the best bimmer I have ever driven (did own E46 M3, E92 M3) only a E46 M3CSL will match this car in driving fun, overall speaking I dare to say the 1M is the best fun car ever made by BMW ( real ///M or not)

Yes there was little time for development, yes it was made and produced by a little group off enthusiasts, but they made the whole BMW board proud, this car was a relavation to the world, once again was made crystal clear what the potential off the BMW brand was, this car will be one for the history books. It is living history as we speak !

All future ///M cars will always be compared to the 1M, as it was really the beginning of a new era.
Sometimes the result is greater than the sum of the parts. And the best things sometimes happens by accidence. The result is what the car should be judged by, not the process leading to it's birth.

If the most important part of calling something "true M" is by the process of creation, and not by the end result. If the first is the case, then "true M" has more of a image and "poseur" meaning IMHO. What should matter is how the car drives, feels, gives feedback and if it's is a fast and enjoyable sports car.

If M make a car that is one the greatest driver cars in their history, who cares if they used parts that already were developed for the M3 or other cars? I get that a "bespoke" M3 might be perceived as a "purer" M, by the fact that it's been developed more substantially by M. But if the result of that development is carried over to the 1M, and that ends up being a more involving/"better" drivers car, what's not to like...
Appreciate 0