View Single Post
      10-08-2018, 11:33 AM   #3
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

To the Alps! And beyond...

First thing in the morning I took the car in for the break-in service, at the BMW-owned dealer on Frankfurterstrasse.

Went back to the hotel for breakfast and shower, and then we both went to the dealer to pick up the car. We had time to stroll around looking at some nice cars, they had 3 M4 CS in stock. We went across the street and visited BMW Motorrad, drooled over some bikes there and then finally got our car back, serviced and washed and ready to roar.

But first we stopped at the Andechs monastery, beautifully set into a gentle hilly landscape and with amazing beer. We decided to add a little fat to the menu, to go with the beer.

Now that we were all fully restored, the car felt felt a little frisky, so I gave her what she wanted.

Drove south towards Garmisch on beautiful derestricted sections.

Crossed Austria and exited at Vipiteno, for our first of many Alpine passes - the Jaufenpass (Passo Giovo). T's first mountain pass in the Alps, so he got the driving honors.

After a long, and interminable drive through the dark and a million roundabouts and other boring stuff, we arrived at Hotel Madatsch at the base of the Stelvio. Parking lot was full so the owners gracefully allowed us to park the car on the restaurant's patio. The car made new friends there, people peeking around and asking questions. But first, a couple of beers for the weary travelers.

The hotel was amazing, a 4 stars in the middle of a narrow valley with all the comfort and amenities you could expect. We'll be back there someday for sure... In the morning, the car picked up a new friend, a beautiful and gentle mountain shepherd dog happy to nap near it.

And now, the Stelvio awaited and so we set up early around 7:30 to avoid the heavy traffic later in the day.

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i

Last edited by adc; 10-08-2018 at 08:17 PM..
Appreciate 11
n3on82.00
Tuscan224.50
r0wr589.00
ando2000.50
lab_rat394.50
DMD471.50
ZHPsedan135.50
GERMAN M34181.00