erictrainer
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 16 F80 6MT MG on SO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanAutM3 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erictrainer View Post
Came here for this... that SS1LE is truly an impressive machine.

I wonder tire for tire which one is better, the SC2 or the Goodyears?
The stock tires on the SS 1LE are quite impressive and the ones on the LS1 1LE even more so. I have 2 track buddies that track SS 1LEs. One of them tried PSC2 and NT01 and was slightly slower than on the stock tires with both of these tires. He also tried the LS1 1LE tires and was over 2 seconds faster on a 2min track, the caveat is that they barely lasted 2 track days. The other one will be trying out RE71R this season, I am looking forward to see his lap times.
I assume what you call the LS1 is the ZL1 in USA. Those tires I do know are one of the best but also like 100TW.

But according to your friend's experience that would put the SS1LE tires better than the NT01 and RE71R which are both great tires. I do wonder if they used the same sizes, because I believe they are not all available in the same configurations.

With that said the SS1LE does have the size advantage in the front running 295s, that in itself should make a big difference even though it is a slightly heavier car. That M4CS must've been running the 265 PSC2 which are significantly narrower, so I do believe with a wider front you could definitely squeeze out a bit more out of the M4CS.

Again, speaks to how amazing that SS1LE is. Now if I could only get over the stigma that comes with driving that car...
Appreciate 0