09-23-2013, 07:22 PM   #207
JRV
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 AWE90M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
first time i have seen such small gains for next generation car.

the torque gains are there, hp gains are not. BUT its a sign that the horse power war is coming to a end possibility.

overall it really depends on what the competition does that will make this car desirable or not. if everyone switchs to more eco 6s than maybe this will work for me.
YES EXACTLY! These newer cars were built with cost and green on the top of their list. Let's get real here, if those 2 weren't much of a concern, we would have a bigger power improvement/difference. This is not a negative comment but just reality. With that said, I am hoping it will weigh in the area of 3450 lbs along with that huge improvement in torque, because that will translate into real power compared to the 3726 and less torque. Will wait a year or two before making a move because to this day I still make any excuse to take the M for a drive, so I'm still in love. Weight is a big factor for me with this upcoming model.

Good Intel says:
435HP
Target weight less than 3300
Book it!

Last edited by JRV; 09-23-2013 at 10:05 PM.. Reason: MODS KEEP DELETING MY POST WITH THE POWER AND WEIGHT!!
Appreciate 0