View Single Post
      04-08-2017, 08:22 AM   #3
BajanM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboulfad View Post
I've only used MF towels, I've been detailing my cars for the past 15 years, and did use chamois for the first few months on my first car and ditched it in a heartbeat for MF towels that long ago! That is the first time I see someone mention it, and it brought flashbacks when I used to go with my dad to the car wash...

The only good thing about chamois is they are absorbent, and have ZERO tolerance to having any dirt on the surface, if not you'll be moving dirt particles on your paint surface. They have no lifting power/ability as plush MF.

Do yourself a service, don't over complicate things and buy a good assortment of MF towels, they last very long if maintained properly and if your care about your car, you will care about the detailing products you use, Your car will thank you for it

PS: you can google chamois vs MF, autogeek is the de facto standard online resource for detailing products.
aboulfad
Thanks for the feedback.

The only part that seems contradictory to what I've been reading is when you said "They have no lifting power/ability as plush MF."

From what I've read, a real NATURAL LEATHER Chamois has lots of nap, and it will grap and attract any dirt particles (that might be left after washing)

I found this resource to be very insightful: http://chamoisinfo.com/page/using-yo...eather-chamois

"Unlike the synthetic products on the market, a genuine leather chamois cloth is extremely soft, absorbent, contains lots of nap and, most importantly, releases the dirt and grit completely into the rinse water. No other product has this same unique combination of characteristics"

I also checked out Autogeek as you mentioned, and came across this thread (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum...-products.html)

where a few people also agree that Natural Chamois are better, and are wondering if they are missing something when it comes to the microfiber craze.

Perhaps its just personal preference. Maybe I'll give both a try and see which results I like better.
Appreciate 0