View Single Post
      05-19-2017, 06:34 AM   #11
BajanM3
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gramboda View Post
Back in the day we used natural. I never found them to be all that effective. Then I went to The Absorber which absorbed more but I wondered about marring. Today, I use a mixture of regular MF and waffle weave. They absorb great and I like the peace of mind knowing they are clean because I machine wash them after each use. You really need to determine your tolerance on the scale of perfection. Do you want your DD to be a show car? Or, do you just want to have the nicest car in your neighborhood? That usually answers how much effort you'll put into detailing your DD.
Thanks gramboda
You are right. I like how you stated that.
"Do you want your DD to be a show car? Or, do you just want to have the nicest car in your neighborhood? That usually answers how much effort you'll put into detailing your DD"

This isn't my daily driver. But it is my dream car and I've waited a VERY long time to get it. I just recently got Xpel Ultimate installed on it as well...so i'm a little less worried now about what I use to dry it with.

I will say...that I bought the Adams Great White MF towel...and to be honest...I'm not sure what all the rave was about it.

Personally...I found it to be TOO big and awkward to use.
Also - after it got wet, I found it hard to wring out the water because of the size.

On my 12 yr old car (which is my daily driver)...I have a synthetic chamois that i've used to dry it for years.
And between using the 2...I can say that I like the way the chamois dries better and how easy it was to wring out the water and keep going.

Now...in full disclosure..that car is all chipped and scratched up..so i don't really care much about the looks.

But...i'm just talking about how easy it was to dry, and wring out the water using the chamois in comparison to Adams Great White MF.

I'm not that picky as some. I don't see/understand the need to dry your windows with a specific or different type of MF towel. Why not use the same towel that you used to wipe down the rest of the car?

Again...I'm new to this...so I probably don't have ALL of the knowledge as others....but I'm just not that picky and don't understand why I need a special "window MF drying towel"

It sounds more like a money grab to me.
Appreciate 0