02-02-2014, 11:35 PM   #20
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30form View Post
Everyone wants everything don't they. I am sure no one is imagining the logistics involved in just randomly putting on different parts in a factory. Has anyone here actually been to a factory? Every single piece and tool is specially made to do ONE job. Once you start introducing new parts into the job things get a lot more complicated and expensive - Fast.

And WTF is this about paying two times for an exhaust? So you are saying the WHOLE car modifying culture is pointless because "they should do it from the factory". What? What dream world are you living in? Since when has a MFG EVER decided to factory install hardcore performance parts for the 1% of people who think the factory exhaust just "will not do". Seriously. What.

Just an FYI - ALL PARTS INSTALLED AT THE PORT are now FULLY RESIDUALIZED on leases. I don't know how it can get even better for someone who wants performance parts on their car.

Rant over.
Er........?? thanks for that. BMW already have 100s of configurations and options for every model - adding a few performance parts to the options list would not be a problem, other manufacturers manage easily enough. No one said the whole modifying culture was pointless either.
2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold

Last edited by ss134; 02-02-2014 at 11:42 PM..
Appreciate 0