View Single Post
      03-12-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
CanAutM3
General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2021 911 turbo

Garage List
Question Is Contrasting Silver Stitching Not Standard?

In the configurator of newly introduced M4 Show Room, the contrasting silver stitching is no longer seen in the black leather interior (see pitcure below).

Further, the following text can be found in the "Individual" subsection of the "Design" section.

Quote:
Colourful accents you can see and feel. The contrasting stitching from BMW Individual is the highest expression of elegance, impressively accentuating the full fine-grain Merino leather in Black. There are four colours to choose from: Sakhir Orange, Silverstone, Yellow or Blue. (Expected to be available from 2015.)
Yet, all show cars and all press release pictures always portrayed contrasting silver stitching in the black interiors (or on the black leather portion of other color interiors).

For me, the silver contrasting stitching was a strong player in me picking the black interior over the Silverstone interior. I certainly hope that it will come that way.

Hopefully someone can clarify this and that this point in M3/M4 showroom is only a fluke

UPDATE:

Just received confirmation from BMW Canada through my dealer. The contrasting silver stitching will be part of the "Individual" offering starting with July production. Further, it will only be offered along with the FULL Merino leather option and not with the extended option . They should receive pricing for the "Individual" stitching in the next few weeks.

That sucks. I feel that it is very close at being false representation on the part of BMW. The price tag/description beside the M4 at the car show did not mention this. Anyhow, it was most likely in the fine print .

So that seals the deal for me. Going with Silverstone interior instead. I am not willing to shed $2500 for full leather + $X for the stitching.

UPDATE #2:

To make things more confusing, I just received this e-mail from BMW Canada:
Quote:
White contrast stitching on the Black Merino seat (both Extended and Full).
No contrast stitching on the other colours unless you get “Full Merino” in which case there is only contrast stitching on the lower dashboard and side door handle, not the actual seat.

UPDATE #3:

It finally seems that black extended and full leather interior do indeed come with GREY contrasting stitching standard. I wonder what is the point of the Silverstone Individual one then? More contrast? Shinier? ?
Attached Images

Last edited by CanAutM3; 07-12-2016 at 07:59 AM..
Appreciate 0