View Single Post
      05-07-2023, 01:39 AM   #216
avidfan
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 M40i, M440i

Unhappy Powder coated rims warping rotors

I know this thread is older, but I thought I might share info that could help someone. Or maybe someone could help me. I bought a CPO with 10,000 miles on it in Sept 2022. X4 M40i. It has been at the dealership off and on ever since then. They have replaced rotors 3 times and pads. (New rotors would be ruined within a couple of weeks) The rotors are warped from extreme heat. BMW was going to do a trade assist with me because they could not fix it and my car had been in the shop 4 times. Once for 2 weeks. They replaced both rear wheel bearings, put the car on the lift and drove it and found out it was actuating the brakes without pressing the pedal. They replaced the ESC module to attempt to fix it. When the field engineer came to check it out, he saw it had powder coated 21 inch 718M rims. He blamed all the issues on the powder coating and BMW will do nothing for me now. I did not powder coat the wheels, they came on the certified pre owned car. I assumed they were stock. I know a lot about the M40i, but i do not keep track of wheel colors. It was listed as 718M and no mention of powder coating. Seems the engineer found something not stock that he could blame it on to put it all on me. Even if i spent a bunch of money to fix it, i have no guarantee it will work. All the dealership has done is offer to give me a low trade in quote and try to get me to buy another M40i at full price.

I have video of the car with the wheels on it that the dealer sent me before i purchased the car. It was my fourth BMW in a row and to make it worse, i purchased a brand new M440i about 3 weeks before they screwed me.
Appreciate 0