On the road to serfdom
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 DCT, 2019 Raptor

Garage List
2018 F80 M3 DCT  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicknaz View Post
One other thing to add regarding the "S3" (most aggressive shift logic) is that I've had it trigger the TC light and also chirped the tires from it being so aggressive. I would exercise caution using that for a mid corner shift on a wet track or cold tires with Dsc off. It might initiate oversteer.

I personally did not see an advantage over the "S2" program, and used that mode when I drove the car hard.

Edit: I didn't realize there was a "kickdown" feature. I always pulled the left flappy paddle to downshift to whatever gear I wanted and rolled on the throttle. "Mashing" the throttle in f80 (or any other higher HP rwd car) to get a lower gear just seems so wrong I never bothered to try it
+1 on S3. It can upset the chassis when you are on the edge. But kinda fun if you are just doing WOT acceleration. Fun to feel the crazy fast and aggressive capabilities of the DCT.

I only use the kickdown when I’m in 5th gear or above. Your concern is well founded, but if cruising in 6th or 7th on the fwy, it is fun fun fun!