Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: AY M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by antych View Post
If you want a real discount and be able do drive away with your foot down without having to wait months for delivery and the run-in service, look at the ex-demo cars. You will save about 20%, and there are plenty to chose from in UK.
Yes you are correct, except my preference is not to go for a demo car for a number of reason, such as not having a proper run in and thrashed around all throughout the begining of it's life.

I also see it as a hooker, too many guys in and out of it everyday...

If I am buying that sort of car with that sort of money, i think it's worth it spending a little extra, going the new route, customizing it 100% to my own preference.
@antych you are very correct, a lot more than "a little extra"

Denso I could have probably got around £5k extra or more if I went for a car with delivery milage/showroom car.. One of the dealers I was in had an M4 that's been in their showroom for nearly 3 months, every time I went in the dealership I saw various people getting in and out of it, kids messing about, it gets cleaned twice a day, paint work had swirls, white leather's gone blue from people with jeans getting in and out of it.

The dealer desperately pushed for me to go for it and even though it was 90% my spec I didn't want it.

Guess I can be a little narrow minded at times and not look at the overall picture but sometimes little tiny things can put me off completely
Appreciate 0