02-26-2021, 04:36 PM   #4
TiMSport
Banned
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: '21 M340i xDrive, '17 Audi S3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf993 View Post
So I'm a bit of a hifi guy, I love tube amps. They aren't cheap, but if you have a look at what's coming out of China it is shocking at what you can get for a fraction of the price of ones build just about anywhere else. Selling them on Amazon, and they get great reviews. I won't buy one though, I am seriously trying to not buy stuff from China....won't get all political though.
Yeah I hear ya man. I felt the same but couldn't resist because the pure value proposition for stuff coming out is simply.... irresistible? I'm weak! What my main point originally is the incredible sound coming out of a $35 IEM.

My dad builds tube amps as a hobby and would also be surprised at what they're doing over there.

Are you familiar with Line Magnetic Audio and their tube amps? I guess they're supposed to really be something and considered a bargain though they run in the thousands.

In any case there are a bunch of really good Japanese audio companies as well, and not the the big box brands everyone has heard of.
Appreciate 2
Murf99314114.00
zx10guy5149.50