View Single Post
      02-27-2021, 11:18 AM   #11
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiMSport View Post
Cool. Just to clarify are you talking about the inexpensive BLON-03s? If so, be advised you're going to receive a really funky and cheap packaging that has led to an Internet full of jokes about it. For the money it's not about the packaging though.

If you're interested, the best reviews of these BLON-03s were from the reviewer I mentioned BGGAR. He posted this back in 2019 when they first came out. This guy has a cult-like following because they love his no bullshit style. I guess he's a dude originally from Hawaii and now lives in Japan. Lots of stories. He just posted a really interesting segment about Chi-Fi coincidentally which is very interesting and talks about maturation v. saturation of the market for these products. He is not a paid influencer so I respect his opinions and apparently many others do as well.

Another one that is quite frankly hilarious called Z Reviews and he goes by the nickname Zeos Pantera. He's hilarious too and I recommend you check out his review of the BLON-03s. Funny as shit.

For the record, since this IEM came out in 2019 there has been a ton of other low-cost ones that are probably better but just not sure about the price point. Like I said in my initial post, you definitely cannot lose for $35. Stuff like Bose is a joke in comparison when considering how much they cost. Oh speaking of Bose, try to find anything that resembles an actual specification for their earbuds.

Personally I had replaced the cable that came with those BLON-03s as they are very cheap and flimsy, but they will still reproduce sound that's quite good. I ended up getting an upgraded cable from Amazon called HiFi Hear (yeah, I know). These cost close to the cost of the buds but when I realized how good the core buds were, I knew I would invest in a quality cable that is way more comfortable and better sounding. It's an 8 core silver plated copper litz wire, one that looks nice and is soft and pliable and easier to route over your ear. You'll know what I'm talking about once you receive the original cable that comes with the BLON-03. They are not good so you'll want to replace them.

Sorry if you're already somewhat familiar with this kind of stuff but whenever you buy accessories, you have to make sure you choose the appropriate connectors. In this case it's a 2-pin connector style. You will have choices when buying these things online.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I will reiterate that I have zero connection to any of these vendors but simply wanted to share my experience as have many on the Internet about their joyful surprise with these IEMs. I know some people would rather refrain from not buying "local" but I can assure you nothing out there can compete, certainly not at this price point.

Take a look at a well known American company called Campfire Audio based in Portland, OR. They make awesome gear but their stuff is $$$. I never knew eabuds/IEMs could cost so much. They're a good outfit though. You will find plenty of people comparing their ChiFi products to stuff they make and often times what they got is better. For the record, many of these ChiFi companies are legit and they have spent many years with R&D and they have invested money in their production labs and have cutting edge tools to make this stuff. I've read about people visiting factories for QA checks and verification. What they do nowadays with resin materials and 3D printers is mind bending. Think custom-made buds to fit your ears and multiple driver hybrid products. Fascinating stuff really.

I'll save this for a future post though, lol. Some seriously cool shit out there.
Bose has a lot of haters, I have the Accoustomass home theatre and it serves the purpose, but you are right. They don't publish specs regarding performance for any of their products.
Appreciate 1
MKSixer34184.50