Thread: Chi-Fi Audio
View Single Post
      02-28-2021, 10:37 AM   #16
zx10guy
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2013 135i

Nice to see another audio enthusiast here.

I'm going to have to try these IEMs out. I'm running a set of Shure SE535s.

I also second Moon Audio. I've been using them for years. I first used them to make up custom sets of Cardas Crosslink interconnects in balanced configuration. I don't remember if I bought the Crosslink speaker cables from them or my local specialty shop. I recently used them to make up a set of balanced cables for my Oppo PM-3s.

For the Shure, I use a portable amplifier from Ray Samuels Audio called the Predator. It also has a built in USB DAC. For the Oppo PM-3s, I use a Ray Samuels F35 Lightning. Currently using that amp with a single ended source. I'll be looking to get a DAP with balanced outs to mate up to this setup for full balanced audio through the entire chain.

On the tubes front, I have a Vincent Audio PHO-700 phono preamp mated to a VPI HW19Jr with a MKIII platter, Audioquest PT8(or 9 can't remember), and a Sumiko Blue Point Special EVO III.
Appreciate 1
TiMSport12803.00