06-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #42
Diver
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Black '12 135i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonCSU View Post
I'm one of those posters. Care to cite where you got the 90% take rate on the DCT for the 135 from? Just because the DCT is newer technology that can shift faster doesn't necessarily make it the "superior" transmission in every aspect.
I can't give you an exact address, but it was posted there a while back for several BMW models and over several years. Go ask your dealer if you can't find it, or don't want to believe me. We could argue as to whether the DCT is superior to MT forever, and it has been done already, just as many still believe in the superiority of NA engines. This electric steering thing has a lot of folks disagreeing. However, Porsche managed to get it right, so it ought to be possible for BMW.

A month ago I was given a 5 series loaner with MT6. The gal in charge of loaners said she had trouble getting customers to take it as a loaner because so few of them could drive a manual. If you go by the population of these forums you will think a majority of 1 series owners drive stick and have a JB4. Sorry, but forums are for enthusiasts and vast majority of BMW owners don't care about any of that stuff.

Last edited by Diver; 06-19-2012 at 02:32 PM..
Appreciate 0