View Single Post
      08-22-2015, 09:06 PM   #54
M42N8
United_States
Rep
Drives: Ordering an M550

[QUOTE=rhk118;18224399]I just installed the Kuda phone mount in my M3 using a Scosche magnetic "magic mount." This setup is perfect for me as the Kuda mount matches the interior and holds the phone at a perfect viewing angle for the driver (so I was able to get a flush mount magnetic mount rather than a "ball and socket" adjustable one which they also make). The magnet holds the phone firmly and it hasn't fallen off, and really easy to mount the phone in any orientation. I also like that this setup doesn't mess with the 6MT in that when shifting into 5th my hand doesn't hit it like it does my coffee mug. Also it doesn't interfere with passenger seat legroom - its out of the way. I have a USB power cord installed into the 12V adapter under the glovebox.

Here's the setup:

Great install rhk118! I believe I said earlier in this thread that the Scosche Magic Mount is the best way to go. But didn't know about the Kuda mount! Looks even better! I have the Scosche mount but with the ball and socket and my only complaint is it's not a perfectly solid mount....meaning the ball and socket feel a bit loose, but only if I grab it and wiggle it (so really it's only me who knows). But I'm going to switch to this Kuda Mount method!

Either way, the Scosche Magic Mount is the way to go. So easy to mount and dismount with the magnetic connection. Don't know why anyone would go with anything else!

And thanks for mentioning that you tried the magnets behind the Kuda, as I was about to post that as a question. Too bad that didn't work. Glad you tried it so I didn't have to
Appreciate 1