View Single Post
      11-28-2017, 02:40 PM   #10
spacerat
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330D M-Sport (F30)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stooker View Post
Yeah, I guess if the budget didn't allow. You'll be loving the car regardless. It's a shame you didn't come to the dark side and get the 4-door. I think the F80 looks more brute and aggressive. The M4 is more elegant. At least you stuck with 6MT!

I actually used the UK configurator for the first time (I have a US spec F80 so never used the UK site), and it is way better than the US one. I configured one to match mine as close as possible just to see the difference. I always knew the options were done differently, but I didn't realize that some are free of charge, while others aren't, but vice versa in the US. For example, UK doesn't charge extra for other paint colors besides Alpine White, but you have to pay for carbon fiber trim. It's the opposite for US... AW is the only "free" color, but CF is free. I guess it makes sense to the bean counters.
The 4-door does have a great look, more stout & brutish as you say. I just love the big frame-less doors (until the glass sticks to the rubber in winter!!!)

Yeah the difference with the specs & options price, I had noticed that when watching "Scott BMW Smith from sunny southern California" (youtube) I guess right hand drive trim sell less, so costs more.

Rob
330i M-Sport (E92),320D SE (E90) sold,
Mondeo ST TDCi sold,330 Ci M sport (E46) sold,Z3 M Roadster sold
Appreciate 0