03-04-2019, 01:00 PM   #78
KnightedBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureModelsOnly View Post
Can I bump this thread for more input? Thinking of replacing the F80 with the M550 next year. Hopefully it gets the updated 500 hp engine.
I'll bite. I had a 2016 F80. I absolutely loved the car. Was my daily; never tracked it. The car was super fun to drive and definitely looked the part. I knew about 6 months ago that once my lease ended, I was going to go for something more luxurious but I still wanted something with serious power. Enter M550.

I've had my M550 about a month and I love it! Totally different car than the M3. They each bring a smile to my face but for different reasons. The M550 is loaded with tech and feels extremely premium. The fit and finish on the M550 is light years better than the M3 - it is true luxury. It's a pleasure to drive but its still a beast! Obviously the feel behind the wheel is totally different, but it you're just focused on power...its definitely got it!

I think both cars are great, but I don't think they're really comparable. I can't say one is better than the other; they're too different in my eyes. Having the option of driving an M3 or an M550 is something that should make you happy. You can't go wrong.
BigSky702687.00