View Single Post
      03-21-2014, 04:06 PM   #50
Below Speed Limit
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2014 F10 M5

I'm going to agree with soberin here, I drove a few Porsche's with their "top of the line" EPS system and hated it. It's very artificial and feels extremely fake at extreme high speeds and extreme low speeds. It's maybe "meh" okay in between. I don't understand how anyone in their right mind would pick the EPS in that car over the HPS in the E9X M3 or F10 M5. The HPS in the M5 is simply perfect in my opinion.

There is also a reason why BMW invested in a lot of R&D in their top of the line M5 & M6 for a brand new HPS, because they knew the EPS would be unacceptable for the type of people they try to sell this car to, at least not in their first initial "M" version. They didn't take the risk and did it the hard way. They chose EPS with M3 & M4 because the crowd driving those cars are more open to new technologies and it gives BMW time to make those new technologies ready for the next generation M cars. Simple as that. I highly doubt the EPS in this car will be flawless. It won't be as numb as 335's, but won't be like an HPS.

I was reading an article the other day and unfortunately I cannot find it. It was basically talking about how Porsche chose EPS over HPS because it would literally take 3-4 times more time and R&D to work on a new HPS system compared to the EPS.

As for this article, it's all marketing obviously and people need to stop complaining about it. The guy works for BMW, what is he supposed to say? If you were him, would you say anything else? You guys need to relax, seriously
Appreciate 0