View Single Post
      11-10-2014, 07:05 AM   #1
secretariat
Major
Rep
Drives: 2016 X5M

Driving Frustration

This F80 M3 has got to be one of the most frustrating cars to drive around town (non-highway) that I have ever owned. Driving around yesterday to get gas and do a few highway blast I found myself behind drivers who do there absolute best to obey speed limits, cut in front of me to slow me down (POS Prius owner, since when are these people the road nannies) It seems like people see me in there rear view mirrors and automatically step on there brakes. I had to follow a Dodge Durango 5.9 RT, whatever the F**k that is, for about 6 miles on a one lane road. He absolutely refused to go 2 miles over the speed limit, probably because he was out of gas. As you can see I was so bored following him that I remembered what kind of car he had.

On the other hand, when I finally was able to get on the Parkway, I won't mention which one, the reason we buy these cars was all there. Fast, handling better than anything that I can remember driving, that beautiful sound in wide open throttle, and just blowing by all cars with a few blasts (and I admit a few foot to the floor blasts, just for passing not very long)
made me smile.

And now the funny part, I noticed in one of my blasts (for lack of a better word) a Cadillac Escalade trying to stay with me. What is wrong with these people? After losing him and then waiting for him to catch up I noticed his girlfriend or wife was none to pleased with his shenanigans. She was screaming at him, so I let him pass me only to make eye contact with him, and he reminded me of the guilty puppy in the picture on the internet.

It's always fun on Sunday mornings to go for a ride in these machines, but also frustrating. Thanks for reading, and letting me vent.
Appreciate 0