Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 Taycan GTS, 2018 M4, 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by guess2098 View Post
Don't forget to clean your PPF once or twice a weeks. It's super easy just wipe it with quick detailer or quick wax.

I suggest don't use magic eraser. This is like a plastic, once you damage the top coating/ uv coating, ppf it will turn yellow and unshine.
I personally don't have PPF, but considered getting it for a very long time. I still watch videos on it every so often and found this channel that does a lot of product testing - one series of which involves PPF.

He's keeping the hood with the PPFs outside in the sun 24/7 which is unlikely the case for a lot of end users who have PPF on their cars, but after 6 months, they all were yellowing and the top coats were, for the most part, gone. Not really sure what that means for a garaged car. Just thought I'd share.

My x5m has xpel ppf for 5 years. First 1.5 years it was parked inside the garage but after is always outside and I didn't really taking care of it at all. Just after a summer the ppf became very unshine like a frozen finish lol. So finally I had someone took it off and sold the car.

In conclusion, if you have ppf you have to park your indoor to prevent damage to the ppf or have it wax or just quick wax every so often. Which still faster than complete car wash
Appreciate 0