Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 M5

Garage List
2018 BMW X5  [0.00]
My G30 vs M5 older gen.

Good day folks, hope you all doing well
I know my question will sound far fetched but i have a persistent dilemma and would like to take some advice..
It's been a few months since i purchased my 2017 - G30 530i. Lovely, luxurious car and quite fast. And considering the climate, quite economical to run, as well.
However, this car is very civilised
I went to the dealer (the auto dealer, not the other one..) and he showed me a 2015 - M5. I reckon it's the previous generation model.
I would like to apologise in advance for coming out as -perhaps- too passionate, but as soon as i heard the motor rumbling i felt really...excited (i should have used another word but not appropriate..)
But...the interior is rubbish. Don't get me wrong. The car was clean as a whistle, no cosmetic marks, or any issues. I am only referring to the aesthetics of the car, compared to my G30..To be honest the external is absolutely fine - not too much difference anyway..
Between you and me, the car is for me and me only. I drive my young one to school and back, I drive the missus to the supermarket and back. It's not that I am doing miles upon miles, or that i care to travel by car anywhere..
Missus has her own car you see.
But what should i do?
should i keep the G30 and forget about the older M5?
or should i follow my heart and part - exchange for the M5 and rock'n'roll?
Price is similar - mileage similar too.
I have been reading about bimmertech and they have some decent upgrades so i guess i could retrofit a nice looking screen to replace the existing and play some video for my lad during traffic time..
i don't care about stereos or fancy stuff or cameras or carbon fiber. i am more focused on excitement
However i am thinking i could be making a mistake, going backwards and purchasing an older, much costier, much rougher vehicle...
Sadly, i cannot purchase a newer M5 model as it costs double the price of the older one (£30k for the 2015 but £60k for 2018 upwards..)
Does it make sense to spend +30k just to have a nicer screen?
Or these fancy buttons that adjust the driving experience?
I really don't know if the price difference is justified. Or if there is another factor i should be considering...

Please let me know what you think
Appreciate 0