Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2010 Audi S4  [6.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E93MAC View Post
Not only that. Run Asphalt 8 on the "New" Samsung Galaxy S5 then run it on the old iPhone 5 or 5s. Android performance sucks! And that's on a new Samsung Android phone with a kick ass processor! It may be more open and yes you may be able to do more on Android but the experience is always poor. Menu's and submenus...I don't want to have to go through all that to complete a simple task. Android is not as refined and controlled as iOS. iOS gives you great performance on all Apple products because there are only a handful of them. There are tons and tons of Android phones.

But I am sad to say even Engadget stated they had some choppyness (is that a word? lol) in performance on the Galaxy S5, in my opinion this is Samsung's flagship phone and Android should be fully dialed in for it. I believe it's the OS's fault. But that's just my $0.02. Disagree if you want, but when the OS is not performing well...
That's all well and good but the fact remains that more than 50% of the population uses Android (world wide i think its like 80%) and as a company its seems very short sighted of BMW to ignore them. It cannot be good for your business when you exclude a large chunk of your potential customers.

Your criticisms are fair, but the reason some apps don't run well on Android phones is primarily because the app developers aren't optimizing their apps properly (which, as you point out, is a bigger task on Android since there are so many different options). Further for Samsung phones, their Skin is so bloated that even with the highest end hardware it still doesn't seem smooth when compared to iOS which is a high benchmark. This is why I stick with stock Android

Bottom line is that BMW is a large enough company with enough resources to properly develop for Android but they choose not to. There are countless examples of apps that work flawlessly on Android by much smaller developers so it is possible.

Link to market share statistics (I didn't make it up): http://www.cnet.com/news/android-dom...tphone-market/
Appreciate 0