08-14-2015, 06:42 PM   #83
FTS
Enjoying driving
United_States
Rep
Drives: 645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloud9blue View Post
FTS Thanks again for the update. Just wondering what are your current thoughts on the CCBs given the amount of track and street miles that you have put on so far. Where you able to to measure the weight of the rotors? How about the wear on the OEM pads at the moment? Any thoughts on replacing the OEM pads with something like RSC1 (http://www.kempower-motorsport.com/i...oduct_id=30311), which seems to be pretty well received by the Porsche guys.

I would assume the rotors used on the M4 are the same construction as the Gen 3 PCCB on the newer Porsches, given that they are all manufactured by Brembo. It seems like the Gen 3 rotors are much more durable than the previous generations CCBs, but it is still a little early to give the verdict on these.

Not sure if you have seen this thread on RL, but there are some interesting information on it that you and rest of the guys who are considering CCB on this car might find it helpful: http://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3/8...ck-thread.html
Sorry for my late reply. The rotors are still going on very strong, no sign of overuse or abuse. I haven't weigh them yet as there hasn't been a need due to still fully visible wear indicators on the outside of the rotors.

I have been in touch with Pagid on the RSC pads, which I will use as soon as they come out, but I haven't received a notification that the front pads being released yet. I am almost done with the second set of stock pads, they don't last long especially in 100 degF ambient temps.

The M CCB rotors seem to be exactly the same as PCCB v3 ones, the main difference is that PCCBs, now, are 14 mm larger in diameter. And since both the 911 and Caymans are significantly lighter than our cars, they are going to last longer, maybe even 40-50% longer.

The best way I can summarize my experience is that if I were buying car again today, I'd order MCCBs without thinking. But I also have the backup plan for iron rotor replacements unless rotors prices come down significantly.
Appreciate 2