View Single Post
      03-11-2019, 08:51 AM   #52
Eric S
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: in pre-order stages

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBMWfan View Post
Ha are you serious? This is an acidic cleaner. Sonax and others are ph balanced. And OP says these are original HRE finish
Pretty sure the Jay leno garage is PH neutral...just like sonax and ironX. Something like Meguiars wheel brightener is an acid wheel cleaner and can easily do this on wheels if not careful. And he said the wheels have been refinished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
I had the wheels refinished by HRE so I don't see that's a problem. The ill effect happened to all 4 wheels, I washed the car around 6pm without sun and the car wasn't driven. I have used many other wheel cleaner before and always wash my own car, nothing like this. I always rinse off with power wash and dry with microfiber towel, the stain showed up after I dry off the wheel complete. The picture was taken the next day.
I'd be willing to bet its the refinishing that is the issue. Doesnt matter who did it. You just keep your warranty by having the manufacture do it instead of an outside company. Like HRE needs to be the ones to take apart their 3 piece wheel, and put it back together. Same with Avant Garde, Vossen, BBS, etc.

We have had it happen before, even on brand new McLaren wheels. We wiped the first 3 with IPA alcohol to prep them for coating and everything was fine. (brand new wheels, new car) Then the 4th wheel streaked like your picture. Called the owner, and he had said McLaren damaged one and had it refinished prior to the pick up 1 week prior. McLaren covered the bill to have it refinished, brought back to our shop for the coating of that 1 wheel.

And no, I dont use the Jay Leno garage products.

Anyway, that's my two cents for what its worth.
Appreciate 0