View Single Post
      03-12-2019, 06:27 PM   #56
hilld
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 23 Z4, 18 X1, 22 Rivian R1T

Quote:
Originally Posted by avex8 View Post
Here is the second email i got last night. Now they blaming user for using their product instead of soap and water lmao.

"Per my previous email, HRE's specific care instructions state to use only soap & warm water. Regardless of label verbiage and packaging, the manufacturers instructions for care should take precedence at all times.

For your reference, the JLG Wheel Cleaner falls within your claim that HRE recommends a PH-neutral cleaner. Per our Safety Data Sheet, the PH level of our Wheel Cleaner is 8. As you may be aware, 8 is neutral. Anything under 8 is acidic, anything over 8 is alkaline. In addition to that fact, and like I stated in the previous response, we've had numerous users apply our Wheel Cleaner to their HRE Wheels without any ill-effect.

While we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee on all of our products, JLG makes no other warranties or claims as to the effectiveness of fitness for a particular purpose. There are factors beyond our control that are uniquely within the user's knowledge & control. The user (you) is solely responsible for evaluating a JLG product and determining whether it is a suitable fit for their particular application. JLG can not be held liable for any indirect, special or consequential damage that may be related to the use of a JLG product.

If I can help with anything else, please don't hesitate to reach out."
I think when they said that a PH of 8 is neutral, they need to go back to chemistry class. a PH of 7 is neutral, a PH of 8 is a bit more alkaline, just like ocean water. You wouldn't wash your car with ocean water, would you?

I think getting JLG to pay for refinishing is probably a lost cause, but I would certainly let the company know that they need to get their facts straight.
Appreciate 1
SherM4n630.00