04-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #63
Arcades
In The Rain
Rep
Drives: '24 GT4RS, '24 Macan GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric S View Post
a thorough cleaning, coating and the maintenance is best...

or weekly washings, but I'd still coat them in order to ensure washing is a breeze weekly
It's difficult for most to wash on a weekly basis. Even though I know it's the suggested route, you would have to admit that it is a bit of a stretch for most people.

Hell as OCD as I am I don't even do that. I only keep my car clean as much as possible when it is slightly dusty. I wipe down my car almost daily (or when I get back home) to remove the dust during the drive. If I see any bird stuff, I generally just waterless that area. if I start driving and it gets very dusty, I don't bother until I full blown wash my car.

Wheel cleaning is the only thing I do not really touch personally because I do not want to mess it up by making some mistakes but you wash it, rust will accumulate on the brake rotors almost immediately after wash and the first drive you have, all that rust comes off to your rims and you have wipe it off again. It is... annoying. Having wheel coating of any kind sort of helps with the cleaning process but I am still a bit iffy about it all tbh. I trust Omar who washes my car, I have never seen him leave wheel cleaner longer than a minute and I think he uses Sonax as well unless I ask him to use water and soap only.