Thegreatest20
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidy512 View Post
yo.

So you say you have the "smoke" coming from the vents AND from under the hood?

The heater core is inside the car inside a giant plastic HVAC unit. The plumming for the core is aluminum piping that snakes through the firewall to the engine bay. At the firewall, a second set of plumming pipes (fairly standard rubber coolant lines) then attach and head to the reservoir.

You mentioned you had a new block put in, which would more likely require disconnecting the heater coolant lines (amungst other things). Possibly there was damage/loose coupling during the replacement process that is now coming to light. And since you say the smoke is coming from under the hood AND the HVAC system inside the car, that would lead me to believe possobly there is a high pressure leak at the firewall junction.

If you need to access the HVAC system, you will need to remove the dash. Altbough it is not that difficult to remove the dash, it is extremely time consuming and there are lots of dertails to pay attention to. But totally doable if you have the right tools and lots and lots of time.

Either way, good luck and keep us posted...

josh
🤦🏽*♂️🤦🏽*♂️🤦🏽*♂️ at this point I’m ready to to get out of the F83 lol but thanks dude. I may take it back to beamer that did the block
Appreciate 1
spidy512493.00